• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

How does this Lx Look?

AnthonyA1234

Going to see it tomorrow. Been looking to buy a Foxbody mustang for a while and this one looks like a good deal. Does anything stand out to you guys and can you recommend me things to check when I see it tomorrow? Car has 60k miles, it’s a 1990 LX, 5.0, 5 speed. Mods listed are flowmaster h pipe, lowered, and pony wheels.

broncojunkie

I see you were planning on having it checked by a mechanic. Did that happen? If so, what was the result? Looks like a nice car, but recent re-paints should be Checked closely. By now, many of these cars have been through some rust issues. There's a guy local to me that loves buying these old fox mustangs cheap because the frame rails are rusted. He slaps some filler in it and piles on some paint to cover it up.

broncojunkie

The reason I mentioned that here is because it looks like this car is an LX but it has a GT rear wing. It could have been replaced because the owner liked that style, or he could have replaced the hatch due to rust (the hatches are another common rust area).

AnthonyA1234

The
The reason I mentioned that here is because it looks like this car is an LX but it has a GT rear wing. It could have been replaced because the owner liked that style, or he could have replaced the hatch due to rust (the hatches are another common rust area).
The inspection unfortunately has not happened yet. He cancelled on me and told me he’d let me know when he’s available. In regards to rust, I live in Florida so I’m not too worried about any rust and when I checked the strut towers they looked good. However we’ll see what my mechanic says if the inspection goes down. That’s interesting I never noticed that it has a GT wing thanks for letting me know!

ralph1949

The Mustang does look good, but be patient and have the inspection completed. Getting a good car makes for a good, fun experience. My good, 1991 LX 5.0 convertible makes me look 10 years younger (at 73, that is a good thing!) every time the top goes downI It the second Fox body I have owned.