• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

HELP! Seat reclined won't stay up!

Ok, I recently replaced my 89 GT sport seat frame and kept my upholstery. So, it is a different seat.
Finally got it put back in after the repair. No gangsta lean but on my first drive the seat popped a notch
and reclined, leaving me struggling to reach the pedals!
Does anyone else have this problem and how do I fix it?!
Right now I put down the back seat which is keeping it upright completely as it should.
I want to say my previous seat did this too.
There is a lever on the left side and the one behind the seat on the lower left (this one seems pointless).
Please help!

Well, that is what the problem is! The seat adjuster assembly. Thank you ALMOST STOCK for sending me the diagram. Here's the problem, good luck finding one. Luckily, my new connection at Prestige Mustang is going to find me one and it looks like I won't have to take the seat upholstery all apart to fix it. I vaguely remember my old seat doing that and come to find out it was reused on my replacement frame so that explains why it is still doing it! Hopefully, I will be back in the saddle soon, lol. For now, I just put the half seat down, holds the seat upright.

ALMOST STOCK

Staff member
Thanks, I will have my hubby look at this, maybe it will help. Shouldn't this have been tested or visible of damage when the shop put it together?
Yes I would have thought it should of been checked and tested .
Well, that is what the problem is! The seat adjuster assembly. Thank you ALMOST STOCK for sending me the diagram. Here's the problem, good luck finding one. Luckily, my new connection at Prestige Mustang is going to find me one and it looks like I won't have to take the seat upholstery all apart to fix it. I vaguely remember my old seat doing that and come to find out it was reused on my replacement frame so that explains why it is still doing it! Hopefully, I will be back in the saddle soon, lol. For now, I just put the half seat down, holds the seat upright.
Glad to hear I was able to help.