• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Help! factory fuel pump harness??

Brady Roberts

I recently purchased a gas tank restoration kit for my 91’ lx that included a new sending unit. I’m currently running an external fuel pump setup and mistakenly threw away my old tank that had the old sending unit and fuel pump or pickup line (I can’t remember what was in the fuel pump spot). If I had the old tank I could easily swap whatever was in there but that is not the case so need some serious help!

I included some pics but the problem I’m running into is that the female plug on the wiring harness for my sending unit is a 4 prong and the new sending unit I have is only two. I’m guessing the wiring harness I have is not stock. I only had one plug that connected to my tank and read my fuel levels just fine (which I’m almost certain it wasn’t plugged into my sending unit spot but where the fuel pump would go on the passenger side).

Logic tells me that I could have had a fuel pump/sending unit combo without an actual fuel pump in tank since Im already running an external one? That would explain the one connection and 4 prong plug but I’ve scoured the internet and can’t find anything that has that same looking plug even from the newer year mustangs. I need some help big time, thank you!

Attachments

• 7C0AC3F2-58B3-4257-BC53-3EED70D51E46.jpeg
    7C0AC3F2-58B3-4257-BC53-3EED70D51E46.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
  • 60DBBBC0-8E47-49D6-95C9-D9774A81A469.jpeg
    60DBBBC0-8E47-49D6-95C9-D9774A81A469.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5

broncojunkie

Not sure if this helps, but here's a pic of the plugs on my 88. It only shows the backside of the plugs, but it may tell you if yours is factory. Screenshot_20190817-200427_Samsung Internet.jpg