• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Hello!

Maddy_nw89

Ever since I was a kid I wanted a fox body. There's something about 80's themes that I've always loved even though I'm a 90's kid! I just got my first Mustang, it's an 89' Convertible LX Regatta Blue, unfortunately has the wee little 4 Cyl, but I'll deal with that later on down the road, I plan on doing a full restore a little at a time. I came here to learn so any advice would be helpful, so much has to be done it's hard to know where to start. This car is very important to me, so I need to do it right. Someone left it to me in their will because they knew how much I loved it, he said I was the only person who loved it more than him. Anyways, I'm excited to be here, I'll be on all the time reading, learning, and asking questions, so thank you in advance for all of your help!

Maddy~

IMG_3209.jpeg

broncojunkie

Beautiful car! I've always loved the regatta blue foxes. I've had two. A 4 cyl car back in the 90's and an 88gt more recently (I have a build thread here, but got rid of the car last year. My buddy has it and I get to see it all the time.)

A nice set of wheels would look awesome on your vert. The 10-hole wheels are my favorite of the factory wheels and can be found very cheap. I wouldn't worry too much about the v8, but it will be fun if you do get around to swapping it.

Welcome to the group!!

Maddy_nw89

Beautiful car! I've always loved the regatta blue foxes. I've had two. A 4 cyl car back in the 90's and an 88gt more recently (I have a build thread here, but got rid of the car last year. My buddy has it and I get to see it all the time.)

A nice set of wheels would look awesome on your vert. The 10-hole wheels are my favorite of the factory wheels and can be found very cheap. I wouldn't worry too much about the v8, but it will be fun if you do get around to swapping it.

Welcome to the group!!
Thank you! Yes wheels are definitely top of mind for me! Hubcaps are a pet peeve of mine... Yeah, the engine won't be for a while, this little guy is still running strong at 110k, just had it tuned up. My mechanic said it still had its original plugs, I about died laughing, it gets up a little better now lol