• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Has anybody installed a keyless module from another Mustang into a fox?

Foxnotch28

I am interested in adding a keyless entry system to my fox. Especially handy for rainy days. I was just wondering if anybody here has installed a module/relay from a 94-on Mustang into their fox body. If you have, do you have any diagrams or helpful tips? I just want to be able to hit the button on a keyless fob as I am walking towards the vehicle and unlock the doors.

Blown347

Staff member
I've done an aftermarket system. If I was you I'd do that. For a decent setup with just keyless entry and an alarm they're pretty cheap (70-150 depending) and way less headache lol

Foxnotch28

Blown 347, I have thought about the aftermarket systems, but I actually own one of the Ford keyless entry modules the dealers would install on vehicles without that factory-installed feature during the 90's. I had it in a '95 Bronco, but I took it out. The only reason I have been thinking about using a 94-newer keyless module is so that I can have the remote trunk pop feature as well. No matter which route I go there will be quite a bit of wiring. Time isn't something I get a lot of.....especially to work on my car.

Blown347

Staff member
Blown 347, I have thought about the aftermarket systems, but I actually own one of the Ford keyless entry modules the dealers would install on vehicles without that factory-installed feature during the 90's. I had it in a '95 Bronco, but I took it out. The only reason I have been thinking about using a 94-newer keyless module is so that I can have the remote trunk pop feature as well. No matter which route I go there will be quite a bit of wiring. Time isn't something I get a lot of.....especially to work on my car.

Oh I gotcha. Well I can tell you that everything you need to tap into is in the driver side door (or under the drivers side kick panel, which is where te harness goes) and then just the button in the glovebox and a constant power source. I have a sticky in the tech section with some really good wiring diagrams that have what you need.

Foxnotch28

Blown347, thank you for the diagrams and the tips. I will tackle this soon. Just trying to decide if I want to use my stock Ford box without the trunk pop feature or spend money and get a newer unit.

Blown347

Staff member
Blown347, thank you for the diagrams and the tips. I will tackle this soon. Just trying to decide if I want to use my stock Ford box without the trunk pop feature or spend money and get a newer unit.
No problem, my aftermarket unit has an auxiliary feature to activate anything you want, so that's what I used for my trunk pop, I think most of them have something like that. Something to consider

Blown347

Staff member
Blown347, which unit did you go with?
Oh crap I can't remember man. I just ordered it online. It was kind of a cheaper one. Check out the viper systems. They're pretty nice and I believe they come with an auxiliary feature.

Foxnotch28

I got a newer Ford keyless module, part # F7AZ-54220K51-AA and I want to use this unit. Locating all the wires is a pain, but I like using Ford parts. Blown347, how did you wire the door lock/unlock wires? I know this is a 5 wire reverse-polarity unit. Did you have to use relays to send a strong enough signal to the actuator? Or did your keyless unit have internal relays?