• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Hardware question

1990 fox

Hello all, I'm searching for the screws/bolts to attach the center console armrest assembly to the console where the delete goes? I checked many different sited and hardware kits and no one seems to have them. Thanks.

broncojunkie

Curious to see what you get for replies. I'm no help. My cars are older 4eye models and the center consoles are different. On the older cars, they were secured with screws and, iirc, front and rear stamped metal brackets. The brackets were very basic and I'm sure wouldn't be hard to fab if I had an example in front of me. It's been a long time since I've messed with the 87-93 interiors and I can't remember how they mount. They might have used the same brackets.

So your car has the console delete? They're getting hard to find. I think I have 2 of the shifter base pieces, but not the parking brake piece. I'd like to find one!

1990 fox

Curious to see what you get for replies. I'm no help. My cars are older 4eye models and the center consoles are different. On the older cars, they were secured with screws and, iirc, front and rear stamped metal brackets. The brackets were very basic and I'm sure wouldn't be hard to fab if I had an example in front of me. It's been a long time since I've messed with the 87-93 interiors and I can't remember how they mount. They might have used the same brackets.

So your car has the console delete? They're getting hard to find. I think I have 2 of the shifter base pieces, but not the parking brake piece. I'd like to find one!
Thx for the reply, I bought a very nice armrest assembly off Ebay but it didn't come with hardware :(. Yeah mine has the delete which I really don't like. I usually get most of my stuff from Late Model Restoration and they have loads of interior hardware kits and console parts but don't have those screws.

broncojunkie

Thx for the reply, I bought a very nice armrest assembly off Ebay but it didn't come with hardware :(. Yeah mine has the delete which I really don't like. I usually get most of my stuff from Late Model Restoration and they have loads of interior hardware kits and console parts but don't have those screws.
The consoles were more common than deletes, so guess which one everyone is wanting now lol! I remember my first fox was an 80 model 4 cyl hatch. It was probably in 89ish? I didn't even have my learners permit yet. I remember I was kinda bummed because mine didn't have a center console. These days, all the cool kids have delete kits lol!
You should be able to find what you need from someone who parts these cars out. I used to have a few connections but I've lost contacts I think. If you don't find it soon, I'll do some digging and see what I can find.

1990 fox

The consoles were more common than deletes, so guess which one everyone is wanting now lol! I remember my first fox was an 80 model 4 cyl hatch. It was probably in 89ish? I didn't even have my learners permit yet. I remember I was kinda bummed because mine didn't have a center console. These days, all the cool kids have delete kits lol!
You should be able to find what you need from someone who parts these cars out. I used to have a few connections but I've lost contacts I think. If you don't find it soon, I'll do some digging and see what I can find.
Thanks a lot. Actually I'm not a cool kid anyway, lol, I'm an old fart (68) who still loves the car hobby. I've had a 66, 3 foxes (an 89 and two 90s) a 1998 and a 2001 Cobra. The fox body will always be my favorite though.

broncojunkie

Have you checked this list? Scroll down to "Misc" and there is mention of some armrest bolts.

1990 fox

Have you checked this list? Scroll down to "Misc" and there is mention of some armrest bolts.
Thx that's a great list but I'm pretty sure the armrest mentioned is for the door armrests.

1990 fox

I finally just googled hardware used for fox center console and a forum came up (don't remember the name). One person said they are M6 x1.0. I got the 20mm length. Haven't tried them yet but it does seem like it's the right size.