• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Gettin back into Fox Bodies again!

I'm John,

Just purchased my 1993 Mustang LX Hatchback "donor car". I've owned a total of 6 fox bodies in the past...all V8 cars, 2 were Capris. The last fox I owned was purchased not too long ago by Evan Smith of MM&FF magazine which is currently their blue 1985 notchback coyote swapped car.
The 1993 LX Hatch I just bought is a black exterior black interior car 4 cylinder auto. I picked it up for $1500 and it's pretty clean...clean enough for what i plan to do with it. Before i get too far with it my super clean 2006 Mustang GT will need to be sold which I'll put up for sale in the spring. I will need the cash from it to purchase the coyote drivetrain I'm puttin in the '93. It won't be your run of the mill swap though but more later once I get it under way.
Lookin forward to sharing my build and any technical help I can get from anyone in regards to this swap would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John

Blown347

Staff member
Sounds awesome! I think the next build I do will be a coyote swap. Won't be for a few years though.

I'm curious what u mean by not a run of the mill swap? :)

Well I'm sure you guys saw the recent 79-93 Mustangs special issue that came out from MM&FF magazine. I drew up the 8 fox body concept renderings and write-ups for the magazine. Since doing that article it really got me stirred up again to get back into a fox body Mustang. Since I'm doin' it I might as well build my dream car. The Yellow Boss 302 concept shown is a build idea I've had for at least 6 years now. Evan Smith and I had been talking about doing that article for at least 3-4 years and we finally just did it. Now the rendering is close to what I'm building and in the last couple months the exterior styling is changed a little bit but it's close...probably even more aggressive. The engine of choice for me for this build is the 2012-13 Boss 302 "Roadrunner" crate engine. It's pricey and puttin' a big dent in my budget but I feel it can't be a true Boss 302 without the heart of a real Boss 302. Build completion is slated for SEMA 2015. I'll be doing all of the mechanical and wiring work such as engine, drivetrain, suspension, exhaust, etc. in my own garage. The final completion of the build which includes paint, custom body work & interior as well as final assembly will happen at my buddy's shop in Mesa, AZ. The color will be a custom mixed competition yellow, of course black Boss 302 stripes and hood black out. Haven't settled on wheels yet. There's still a lot to do. More to come in the future. Right now my 2006 GT needs to get sold this spring to help pay for the engine and 6-speed conversion.
Progress so far:
- Purchased a 1993 Mustang LX Hatchback 4 cylinder - Runs and drives great - no rust, clean black interior!
- Ordered complete Maximum Motorsports front k-member package with 2.1 k-frame, tubular fox-length control arms, front coil overs tuned specifically for that engine & 500 hp. Will arrive here this Wednesday.
- Center console comes out today and if I have time begin removing the dashboard assembly.
- Pull motor and transmission - sell and put money back into project.

Last edited:

Blown347

Staff member
Those renderings are all pretty sick. I look forward to seeing your build up! Going to be an awesome fox

I hope so. Hoping I'll have a busy year this year doing some more freelance work like that to help pay for this project. I think once I have the drivetrain bolted into place I'm confident the sponsors my shop and i work with every year building SEMA cars will step up and get involved with the project. I have a fox body site I'm working on and hope to finish up by spring outlining my project, starting a blog, and selling fox body apparel and artwork. Should be cool! Keep you guys posted.