• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Fox Body Owners Rejoice! A ’93 Mustang Sold For $26,000 At Mecum!

anthonydalrymple

Yeah..... About that.... 75 origional miles, origional paperwork, totally unmolested #1 condition car. Lets take a poll shall we? How many of us have a car like that? Most of us own #2 cars at best; most likely #3 driver cars. Going across the block; we'd get 5-8 grand at best IMHO....

Dadshoes

I did the 10k with Haggerty on my 92. There is no way I would sell it for less. even though the market doesn't support that price.
I really like the time capsules, but I couldn't resist the temptation to take them out for a ride.

broncojunkie

I did the 10k with Haggerty on my 92. There is no way I would sell it for less. even though the market doesn't support that price.
I really like the time capsules, but I couldn't resist the temptation to take them out for a ride.
I don't know. The prices have recently gone through the roof. A buddy sold his 92 hatch last year for $12k. It was a decent car, but nothing spectacular. It had a quicky paint job and 331 stroker with pro-comp heads.

I was planning to insure my pace car for $12k, but now I'm thinking more like 15. I figure that's about what I have in it. I'm just glad they're beginning to bring some real $. When I was building the car and spending money, I had to keep reminding myself that it wasn't an investment and I shouldn't worry about not getting it back if I were to sell. Boy, was I wrong.

I guess something is worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it ;)
I get asked all the time if I want to sell mine.
I joke and say $10,000. The reality is, it would take a lot more than that for
me to part with "my girl". 220,000 miles on it and honestly still runs strong.
I have had it for over 20 years.
Working on fixing some things and FINALLY found someone to fix that darn
seat "lean". Can't wait to get rid of the seat in it as it is out of a convertible and
it sits up higher than the original that was in the car. Pretty happy to putting in
some TLC.
EDIT: The seat does NOT sit up higher. Apparently when my husband switched it out
with my broken one it was messed up too and he put a piece of wood under it!
Just ordered a frame, so seat will be back in, in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

Middleagecrisis

The days of cheap fox bodies are long gone. I felt like I stole mine for $8K a little over a year ago. It was a stock one owner with 99K original miles in very good condition. Even beater LX/GTs are going for $6-8K around here. So many were crashed or used for race cars, there aren't near as many available as there were even 5 years ago. I won't sell mine until I'm ready to get out of the hobby for good.

I have been fixing a lot on mine. Finally back home in the stable.
Couple more things and we should be good for a while.
Mostly original with the only mod is a cold air induction.
Going to keep it this way as it will only appreciate in value.
Not that I am selling it, that's for sure!
Dealing with the brown lettering on my BF Goodrich Radial T/A's.
Seems to be a widespread problem. Hoping they will replace them because I HATE the way they look.

Attachments

• Stang 6-2021.jpg
    Stang 6-2021.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 4