• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

First Fox/First Project - 1988 GT "Zorro Blanco"

DudeStang

I documented this in the latest video, which I'm currently finishing uploading but I did a little comparison with each of my three available shifter handles.

OEM, Steeda Tri-Ax, and SVE
IMG-7784.jpgIMG-7783.jpgIMG-7780.jpg

Side by side
2C650108-D78D-47C9-BE91-98AD8009D81D.jpeg

broncojunkie

I'm about 3 videos behind, on your series, I think. I've just been busy getting the new garage finished. The last one I watched, I kept getting interrupted and didn't even get to the end. Things have slowed down some, so I'm getting caught up tonight. Anyway, it looks like you're making some good progress!

DudeStang

I'm about 3 videos behind, on your series, I think. I've just been busy getting the new garage finished. The last one I watched, I kept getting interrupted and didn't even get to the end. Things have slowed down some, so I'm getting caught up tonight. Anyway, it looks like you're making some good progress!
Thanks for following and watching the videos. I really appreciate that. I think my documentation of my regular confusion has helped solicit a lot of good input from people with more experience in the Fox world (and cars in general). If it wasn't for the forums and for comments from viewers on my channel, I'm sure there's a number of things I have worked on that would have taken a lot longer to finish.

My latest video is up as of last week, though I need to quit being lazy and put a semi-decent thumbnail on it, lol.

DudeStang

I’ve made zero progress recently...I blame the weather mostly. Snow the last three weekends and freezing temperatures over a couple of weeks before that. I really need to get some type of insulation for my garage.
IMG-8485.jpgIMG-8491.jpg

My other excuse is that we spent a couple of weeks test driving multiple vehicles before finally buying one early last week. I made a video about it, naturally.

I didn’t put all the details in the video or it would be like three hours long but if anyone here is on the tall side (I'm 6'5") and in the market for a crossover, I can offer lots of insight. We tested 11 vehicles initially, narrowed it down to 3-4, then bought one.

I also realized recently that it had been about a year since I bought the Fox Mustang and since it’s still too cold out to do any work, I made a video talking about most of the things accomplished on the car over the past year.

broncojunkie

Already watched both videos lol! I'm snowed in too. Well, iced in. I've been on the boat running the OH River for 28 days. I'm supposed to go home tomorrow, but they're postponing our crew change due to weather. Anyway, I'll have to resort to following you and others working on their cars.

Do you have heat in your garage? I put those little electric ceiling heaters in both of my garages. They work well, provided you insulate well. Before that, I just had the one smaller garage and a kerosene heater with a non-insulated double garage door. We ended up insulating the door, but it's still not perfect. When I built the detached garage last year, I got insulated doors and insulated the structure very well. I got 2 of those electric ceiling heaters...a 7500w and 5000w. I haven't had a chance to install the 7500w unit yet, but the little 5000w unit is doing a great job. It's an 800 sq ft building with 14' ceiling. Good insulation makes a HUGE difference!

DudeStang

Already watched both videos lol! I'm snowed in too. Well, iced in. I've been on the boat running the OH River for 28 days. I'm supposed to go home tomorrow, but they're postponing our crew change due to weather. Anyway, I'll have to resort to following you and others working on their cars.

Do you have heat in your garage? I put those little electric ceiling heaters in both of my garages. They work well, provided you insulate well. Before that, I just had the one smaller garage and a kerosene heater with a non-insulated double garage door. We ended up insulating the door, but it's still not perfect. When I built the detached garage last year, I got insulated doors and insulated the structure very well. I got 2 of those electric ceiling heaters...a 7500w and 5000w. I haven't had a chance to install the 7500w unit yet, but the little 5000w unit is doing a great job. It's an 800 sq ft building with 14' ceiling. Good insulation makes a HUGE difference!
Thanks for watching! Being on a boat in this weather sounds insane....hopefully you're not freezing your butt off.

No heat in the garage unfortunately but I am interested in trying to do at least something to improve the insulation. The ceiling heaters sound like a good idea too. I hadn't thought of that. That detached garage sounds freaking awesome. Our property isn't big enough to do something like that but eventually we might see about having a new house built on a bigger plot and I'll definitely be trying for a bigger garage space with enough room for a lift.

It snowed again on Thursday. Blah