• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Exhaust Recommendations

ZiRT

Gonna try to get an answer to my question: 92 LX 5.0 'vert. Stock cats/H-pipe, just put on new 2 1/4inch intermediate pipes, Dynomax 17732 mufflers, and tailpipes on it to replace the factory (27 year old!!) stuff that finally gave out. It's too quiet! Not looking for window-rattling loud, just a good sounding, low-tone-without-the-drone. It actually sounded great before, but the mufflers couldn't be saved any longer.
Qualifications: I hate the look of the Flowmasters. They look like a 7th grader scabbed them together in shop class. Have to fit the 2 1/4 pipes, body of the mufflers about 14-15 inches long so no cobbling of pipes to put the tips in the right spot- This car is bone stock clean and I want to keep it that way. Lastly, no eye-crossing drone while cruising.
TIA for the help. I know this is out there, I just don't want to be doing the trial and error guessing.