• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Engine Swap

BigChief710

This is my first project car so I would love any advice, and will come back for more as I think of more questions. I am looking at doing an engine swap in my 91 from the 2.3 but trying to decide whether I should go with a 5.0 Coyote, 7.3 Godzilla, or my friend is really trying to sell me on a 2jz. Anyone have experience with these guys and have reasons they would recommend one over the other, or if you have any other suggestions feel free to post them.

broncojunkie

All 3 of those swaps will be difficult, expensive, and awesome. The coyote will probably have the best aftermarket support and therefore, a little easier and less expensive than the godzilla. I'm really not sure about the 2jz. I know it's a popular swap, but hasn't been done nearly as much as the coyote in these cars.

Depending on what you're wanting to do with the car, you may also consider a t-bird turbo coupe 2.3 turbo or an ecoboost in 4 or 6 cyl.

broncojunkie

Oh, and I forgot the most popular swap.... the LS. There's something to be said by going the cheap(er) and easy route. They make power and parts are plentiful, but it's at the expense of originality. It really doesn't do much for me, simply because it's a run-of-the-mill type swap. But they do work.