• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Engine swap

Skkler

Hello all, I currently have a 89 LX 2.3 and I'm not going for all power or anything to something to make my comute to work little more enjoyable and cheaper if possible sominwas curious what are yalls thoughts on putting in a 2.3 ecobpost? And what all. Would I need with it? I'm mot very versed in all the newer car technology

347HO

Is this swap within your budget?

Complete engine
Ecu and harness
Someone to reprogram ecu
Drive line swap to rear drive
More than likely new fuel pump
Some fabrication will be required for the swap.

Have you considered installing a small turbo on existing setup?

Skkler

Is this swap within your budget?

Complete engine
Ecu and harness
Someone to reprogram ecu
Drive line swap to rear drive
More than likely new fuel pump
Some fabrication will be required for the swap.

Have you considered installing a small turbo on existing setup?
Well that depends how much would that swap cost? And I have thought about installing a tubo but this engine is pretty much on its last leg

broncojunkie

I have thought of this swap several times but never got around to figuring up all the details. I believe you can now buy aftermarket ecm and wiring, but I'm sure it's not cheap. I expect to see the engines showing up in boneyards for reasonable prices. After some quick reading, I would say that you will have some money in the wiring and supporting accessories vs the engine and transmission. A 302 swap continues to be the more economical upgrade choice for power vs parts-cost, but I could definitely see a 2.3 eco swap being a better candidate for a daily driver.