• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

egr vacuum leaking

mattys91gt

so I removed my smog pump and thought the EGR emissions stuff had to go also so pulled it all and realized I messed up I got another bunch of vacuum lines off another mustang and it's still leaking or I have something wrong code 34 came up and this is my first mustang I've never worked on a car this old 91 mustang gt

broncojunkie

You can eliminate pretty much all of that stuff. You will need an egr block-off plate, which you can make yourself or buy one. Another thing that is an issue is the thermactor pipe that connects to the rear of each head and into the exhaust. They make plugs for the back of the heads. Alternatively, you can cut off the fittings, turn them around, and bolt them back on with a little high-temp rtv. At the exhaust, you can saw it off and weld up the hole. A strategically placed band clamp or two might be a good temporary fix. You'll also need to cap off any unneeded vacuum nipples. You should have a vacuum tree on the firewall that tells you where each one goes.