• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Coupe for sale??

Thought id share this....I was on my way home today on the 15 south, with traffic everywhere in sight(friday traffic is the worst). suddenly I hear some guy honking outta nowhere. turns out some guy is trying to get my attention, i immediately become concerned thinking ive got a flat or something is wrong with my foxbody. turns out he wants to buy my coupe! As traffic slows down, hes asking me "how much?' "throw me a number"!! his interest in my coupe was flattering to be honest. All this while in traffic I yell back "SORRY MAN, ITS NOT FOR SALE!" He persists and yells back "COME ON MAN!" I turned to him and responded with a shake of my head and said NO, NOT FOR SALE.
This has happened to me a couple times in the blue notchback.
How many of you guys have been approached or asked if you were interested in selling your foxbody?

That reminds me of a few weeks ago. I had a couple buddies over and had all the cars outside. Had a Sheriff roll by the house and stop. He had 2 foxes previously and was in awe of all the cars at the house. All 4 of mine plus my buddies vert and another buddies coupe.

88lx elmo

CARNAGE 88 LX
Thought id share this....I was on my way home today on the 15 south, with traffic everywhere in sight(friday traffic is the worst). suddenly I hear some guy honking outta nowhere. turns out some guy is trying to get my attention, i immediately become concerned thinking ive got a flat or something is wrong with my foxbody. turns out he wants to buy my coupe! As traffic slows down, hes asking me "how much?' "throw me a number"!! his interest in my coupe was flattering to be honest. All this while in traffic I yell back "SORRY MAN, ITS NOT FOR SALE!" He persists and yells back "COME ON MAN!" I turned to him and responded with a shake of my head and said NO, NOT FOR SALE.
This has happened to me a couple times in the blue notchback.
How many of you guys have been approached or asked if you were interested in selling your foxbody?

When I was deployed my car sat in my dads garage for one Yr. He told me That so many people asked to buy the car and he would always give them a Crazy price like $15k so that they would not ask again.... I am just glad it was not a rich kid with $15k in his pocket...

madspeed

I went in to Advance Auto a few weeks back. When I came out, there was 6 people looking at my car.

a4u2a4am.jpg

BANDITGT

IMO the fox gets the most attention of all mustangs. Aside from like the 60s fastbacks, shelbys. Etc. even over terminators . They are one of the best stangs made.

Sent from my drivers seat on my iPhone4 via Tapatalk

Jonny

I occasionally get asked, but the answer is always the same..... Not for sale. Car is insured for $10,500 so I would expect to at least get that much out of it if I did sell it. Fortunately, I haven't been in a situation where some one has the cash on them. My fox will get handed down to my daughter some day, but I'm keeping the title... :)