• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Carb or efi?

I have a 89 lx and I'm going to build a new motor for it. I'm thinking about a 351 block, but I don't know if I should stay with the efi or go carb. I am however going to buy a new aero motive fuel system, but I need to make a decision so I know what to buy. Does anyone have the pro and cons of going carb, as far as vacuum lines and what ever I need to keep. Also, I am going to buy a new K member what else do I need to know for this swap. If anyone has a list of things or a website to follow, that would be great. Thanks everyone for there help.:greedy::greedy:

Blown347

Staff member
What are you building the car for? If its mostly a street car I would keep the EFI.

I will post a few links with some good info on a 351w swap.

So far as a carb goes:
Pros: cleaner engine bay, Simplistic tuning, more than likely more power, less weight
Cons: depending on the setup can be less responsive than efi, and you have to deal with hard starts.

Yes, the car is a street car, it will see some track time. I like the thought of a cleaner engine bay, and the tuning part. There isn't a local shop in the Charleston WV area to have it tuned. I greatly appreciate your info, and any help or thoughts would by great.