• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Can't decide which color to paint my '93 Coupe

Which Color?

• '01 Bullitt Hyland Green

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • '19 Bullitt Hyland Green

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • '15 Green Gem Metallic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other ~ Please reply with other option

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Redtwilight

Shinigami
I'm not too far out from starting on the 5 lug swap for my '93 Notch. Before I do the swap I'd like to paint the Cobra calipers to match the body color.

This is how it currently looks. After the 5 lug swap I will probably have polished wheels or might decide on bronze or gold wheels at a later time.

The problem I'm having is deciding on exactly what color that I want to paint the notch. Rather more or less having trouble deciding the hue.

I've narrowed it down to 3 shades of green.

~ 2001 Bullitt Dark Hyland Green
2001-mustang-bullitt-specs-colors-horsepower_7150a73d.jpg

~ 2019 Bullitt Hyland Green
2019-ford-mustang-bullitt.jpg

or 2015 F-150 Green Gem Metallic
2014-Ford-F-150.jpg

So far I'm leaning more towards the '19 Hyland Green or the '15 Green Gem.

broncojunkie

I can see your dilemma here. All great looking shades of green! The 01 Hyland is a little more "down to business"green, while the other two are a more shimmering, fancy green. The down-to-business look is (personally) more my style, but the other two would probably turn more heads. Also, fwiw, the 2 newer colors look very close in these pics. I'm guessing they're two of those colors that need to be viewed in different types of lighting to get the full effect. Pretty cool how they've come so far in paint/coatings in recent years... both in looks and in durability.

Sawmill

Old and tired
I like dark greens on cars. Kinda takes me back to my misspent youth fooling with my TR4 and around twenty coats of hand rubbed BRG. Fascinating little machine, real wire wheels, teak dash, two SU carbs, roll bar. Didn't fit me though, I could sit up straight and look over the windshield. Only car I ever sold at a profit!
Anyway, remember dark colors show every prep flaw, learned that the hard
way.

Fenwacker

Check out 1967 Dark Moss Green. My Dads car was that color. Little darker than Highland Green. Almost looked black at low light levels then popped with the sun light.