• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Brake Proportioning Valve Gone Bad

Tsuwabe

Just need some help here, my brake proportioning valve went bad in my 86, I keep trying to look around for a replacement online, but it is hard to turn up any results. Any suggestions on where I can find it, or if there are any interchangeable parts from other Ford cars bin that I can swap in, or alternative solutions?

broncojunkie

I believe you would need to find a used one. I don't think they're notorious for going bad. Is yours cracked? Leaking?

It's so common for fox owners to upgrade the brakes these days, that there should be plenty of them lying around. They typically get yanked out when folks do the rear disc swaps. If you haven't yet, go over to foureyedpride forum. I'm not sure if the 86 is different than later models, but those guys could give you an answer. The older foxes are getting harder to find parts for and 86 is sort of a transition year, with going to efi and 8.8. I don't recall if the larger brakes started in 86 or 87 (on the v8 cars) or if that even matters with the prop valve.

Tsuwabe

Thank you for the help, really appreciate it. Mine just broke and started leaking, the brakes lines are fine. Its just that one piece giving me a headache.