• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Brake pedal/light switch assembly diagram needed

Foxnotch28

Does anybody have the diagram of how everything goes back onto the brake pedal when replacing the brake light switch? I replaced my '91 booster with the older style booster a friend gave me and I didn't pay enough attention to where the plastic spacers and bearings go. My brake light switch is now keeping the brake lights on when I stop at red lights. I have to use my toe to pull the pedal up a hair to trip it back off. I have a new switch now and I want to get everything squared away. I have a Haynes manual on the way to me, but it could be a week before I receive it. Any help would be much appreciated.

Sorry for the longwinded post.

ALMOST STOCK

Staff member
Does anybody have the diagram of how everything goes back onto the brake pedal when replacing the brake light switch? I replaced my '91 booster with the older style booster a friend gave me and I didn't pay enough attention to where the plastic spacers and bearings go. My brake light switch is now keeping the brake lights on when I stop at red lights. I have to use my toe to pull the pedal up a hair to trip it back off. I have a new switch now and I want to get everything squared away. I have a Haynes manual on the way to me, but it could be a week before I receive it. Any help would be much appreciated.

Sorry for the longwinded post.
After reading your post again this should also help.

Stoplamp Switch mechanical.JPG