• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Beware 2.3 motor mounts. Driver Side sold from rockauto is incorrect?

Forrest

The mounts in my sons 89 2.3L were totally shot. The engine running would vibrate the whole car pretty bad.
I ordered new mounts from RockAuto.

The passenger side mount fit perfectly. However the driver side mount did not.
Both mounts were a mirror image of each other but the problem is on the driver side there is an offset which is not on the replacement mount....
this mount will not fit your car. The upper section has 3 bolts one on one side and 2 on the other. The one bolts up fine but the other two are offset (deeper inside the engine) and not flat as is pictured. My bad for not closely inspecting the two mounts but this one cost me $33 plus shipping. Irritating mistake.
lucky for me the worst one was the passenger side mount and that one got replaced with a brand new mount. The driver side got the old one which still needs replaced but still has a little tiny bit of service life left.

Just know that the mount is not bolting up to a flat surface. The two bolts are offset from the single bolt side.
If anyone finds one that they know fits please lemmie know!