• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

bare gt40x turbo swirl aluminum heads

bannanacoupe

Hey guys this is my first post. I have a 1992 lx coupe with the 5.0L, T5 trans. My car is close to stock, besides the bbk shorty headers, dual h-pipe flow masters, cold air intake. Thats about it

I found a set of gt40x turbo swirl heads id like to buy. But theyre bare, so im wondering if theirs a kit to complete them, where to buy, estimated price etc. Are stock springs reusable from e7 heads. Will the bbk headers mount up to them. The set of bare heads are 500 for a set. I thought it was a pretty good deal. Let me know what you guys think.

Blown347

Staff member
Honestly man I'd wait and find a complete set. You still have to get valves, have a valve job done, buy valve springs and shims etc. That will be somewhere in the 4-600 dollar range depending on who does the machine work and what quality of parts are used. By then you are spending just as much as a brand new complete set. And used sets go for 5-600 bucks complete all the time.

To answer your questions, no you cannot reuse your springs off the stock e7s. Yes your headers will fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk