• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Anyone know what intake this is?

Joey

Just got this Mustang today and the previous owner wasn't sure what intake this is. Anyone have any idea? I haven't researched it yet. This is where I started.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• intake.jpg
    intake.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 52

Joey

Well, now we're kind of wondering again. It seems to be a tubular GT40, but the upper left of the plenum just doesn't match up to others that I (and others) find online. It has a 90 degree top, rather than the 45(ish) degree angle. (Where they put the 302 sticker.)

You think it could be something custom? Or partially custom?

FoxBodyMustangs

Administrator
Staff member
Well, now we're kind of wondering again. It seems to be a tubular GT40, but the upper left of the plenum just doesn't match up to others that I (and others) find online. It has a 90 degree top, rather than the 45(ish) degree angle. (Where they put the 302 sticker.)

You think it could be something custom? Or partially custom?
Modified GT40
GT40.jpg intake.jpg

ALMOST STOCK

Staff member
I'd have to agree its a modified Tubular GT-40.
What is under the cover is the mystery.... Possibly the plenum tank had a hole in it and someone made a cover for it ?????

83stang

Looks like a homemade GT 40 style. This is a great upper but
the GT-40 series have always shined, but seem to run out of breath about 5500 or so. So of your wanting power to contenue past that range I'd go to another intake system being what appears to be a homemade one who knows.

squekster

It is a knock off gt40 intake definitly not an originall I have seen it before but
that doesn;t mean it won't perform well.