• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

93 Vert. Rear 1/4 Window Cotter Pin

93canary

Greetings,

The cotter pin & washer came off the control arm and it popped completely off the up and down arm. Now the window is stuck closed. Anyone know a better solution other than the cotter pin and washer method from Ford? Is it possible to thread a nut over that stem to keep things together better? I have attached a picture I found (not my car) to show the exact connection, it is the one dead center in the picture. If it can't be easily threaded, anyone know the right size cotter pin I'll need from Home Depot? Thanks in advance!

fox-body-mustang-convertible-quarter-window-motor-installation_f92e54ae2.png

93canary

I was hoping to just re-attach the arm to the lower guide rail without replacing an entire assembly. It's just the cotter pin and washer that popped off and got lost in there somewhere, not any serious mechanical failure. Car is practically new and all original so I don't want to go crazy with unnecessary modifications. I will check that LMR kit out though, thanks for the tip.