• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

91 LX front seat swap question.

Ray7299

Hello all, I have a 1991 LX 5.0 without power seats and they are kinda rough. I have the opportunity to purchase seats off of a 1993 GT with power, are they just taken off the rail and installed or is there more too it? Thank you for any input.

Erkenbrand

You should be able to just drop them in. I just dropped a set from a 93 into my 80, and it was a direct bolt in. I ran a power wire to them so I get the power lumbar as well. I found the plug ends from a junk car.

Ray7299

You should be able to just drop them in. I just dropped a set from a 93 into my 80, and it was a direct bolt in. I ran a power wire to them so I get the power lumbar as well. I found the plug ends from a junk car.
So you think that I can just remove the seat from the power seat rail and place it on the stock 91 rail with no power without any issue?

Erkenbrand

Possibly. I haven't done it myself, but I'd recommend doing a quick measure of the bolt holes and alignment. You might even be able to just drop them in rails and all and end up with power seats. When I did mine it was just a drop in. I didn't change rails over.

Ray7299

Possibly. I haven't done it myself, but I'd recommend doing a quick measure of the bolt holes and alignment. You might even be able to just drop them in rails and all and end up with power seats. When I did mine it was just a drop in. I didn't change rails over.
ok thanks