• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

90 GT Restoration (my dream car)

jtinsman

I am in Los Angeles, CA and my first car was a 1990 LX 4-cylinder. My parents bought it from the neighbors in 1997 and I traded it in for a Ford Focus in 2000 (sigh). I have always wanted to get another Foxbody. I finally got one as a Master's graduation gift to myself in 2021. Found the least modified that I could and my goal is to restore it back to stock.

In order to fix it enough to have it registered (right now is a non-op vehicle) these have to be done:
  • Prev owner put headers and strait pipes. I already put catalytic converters and mufflers (compatible with headers since I'm not ready to restore those yet)
  • Prev owner put a smog delete
  • Prev owner put cold-air intake with no serial so not valid (bought and installed 5.0 Resto intake from LMR)
  • Gas tank filler gasket is leaking so fuel doesn't hold a vacuum (bought a gasket)
  • One of the dash lights has been blacked out so when starting it doesn't light up
What else I know needs to be done (so far)
  • Driver seat (gangsta lean)
  • speed cable (bounces at low speeds)
  • dash lights only turn on when interior lamp is on
  • power locks were removed (only key works)
  • power window motors are really slow (got replacements from CJ)
  • gas gauge (sometimes shows full, other times doesnt)
  • transmission (I get a little slipping after driving for 30 minutes)
  • hatch interior trim
  • Some under-body welding of a few minor cracking
  • original rims
  • steering wheel (padding is ripped)
  • horn buttons
  • willing to bet the airbag is gone
Wish me luck

Attachments

• IMG_20210620_110451.jpg
    IMG_20210620_110451.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3

Erkenbrand

Welcome! That's a great looking car, and a solid list of things to-do. But get rid of the gangsta lean first. :)