• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

88 Coupe Frame Rail Bent (need dimensions)

Tyboy

Hey all,

I have been on several forums (that let you post) trying to find some good frame dimensions. I have a 88 Coupe that the front right frame rail is bent up slightly and in. The rail will have to be raised and I can see the gap at the attachment area. Does anyone have some good factory frame dimensions that I could use while doing this?

Money is an issue and buying another donor car or taking to a body shop is out of the question.

I bought the car on Craigslist awhile back and didn't see this till I had the front stripped while I was welding in engine bay panels.

Any advice on the process or tips would be appreciated also.

Thanks,

TYBOY

FoxBodyMustangs

Administrator
Staff member
Hey all,

I have been on several forums (that let you post) trying to find some good frame dimensions. I have a 88 Coupe that the front right frame rail is bent up slightly and in. The rail will have to be raised and I can see the gap at the attachment area. Does anyone have some good factory frame dimensions that I could use while doing this?

Money is an issue and buying another donor car or taking to a body shop is out of the question.

I bought the car on Craigslist awhile back and didn't see this till I had the front stripped while I was welding in engine bay panels.

Any advice on the process or tips would be appreciated also.

Thanks,

TYBOY

post a picture of what you are referring too...

Tyboy

I tried editing and adding my picture, but I cant get it below 1MB. The picture below is an example of the dimensions I am looking for. It is the front frame rails (below the shock towers) that have been twisted.

TYBOY

70_mustangframerail.jpg