• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

83 3.8l v6 timing cover

broncojunkie

To be honest, that may be a tough one. You might try car-part.com
I know they tend to get scrapped when folks ditch them for v8's. I've got a few engine parts from a 99 v6 right now that I can't give away. As soon as I toss them, someone will be looking!

BigDaddyPots

To be honest, that may be a tough one. You might try car-part.com
I know they tend to get scrapped when folks ditch them for v8's. I've got a few engine parts from a 99 v6 right now that I can't give away. As soon as I toss them, someone will be looking!
Do you know if the 5.0 has the same cover? They look the same except for the place the mechanical fuel pump goes. And if that does work what would I have to do to switch the fuel pump over?

broncojunkie

Sorry for the delay. I've been busy with work (an understatement like you wouldn't believe lol). Although the 3.8 and 5.0 are very similar, I'm fairly certain the timing cover isn't interchangeable. I wouldn't swear to it though. Have you removed the old one yet? Ford was pretty good about stamping / casting part numbers. That would make your search easier, I think.