• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

SOLD '80 Cobra Fog Light Harness

Erkenbrand

I have an 80 Cobra that had factory fog lights. I finally found a pretty decent set of OEM fogs, and the car still has the switch, but it looks like the previous owner carved out parts of the original harness. The part that I really need is the plugs for the lights. I don't mind recreating the rest of the wiring (it would be nice to have it so I don't have to bother), but those plugs would be super helpful.

Thanks for your help!

broncojunkie

I wish someone would make an aftermarket copy of these lights similar to the aftermarket headlight housings that replace the sealed beam. Love the Marchal styling, but the internals are fragile

Erkenbrand

The internals are fragile, and finding even an OK set will set you back a fortune. The previous owner of mine pulled the lights off when he was planning on painting the car, and then lost them in the 20 years it sat there. I finally found a set, and then discovered at least half of the harness is missing. It looks like he might have sacrificed a bit of the harness while swapping the motor. Somehow.

broncojunkie

Nice. And I wouldn't worry about deleting it. It's nice to look back and see if people are having luck finding parts. Speaking of which... where did you end up snagging it?

Erkenbrand

Nice. And I wouldn't worry about deleting it. It's nice to look back and see if people are having luck finding parts. Speaking of which... where did you end up snagging it?
I ended up finding it through a guy on FB in the '79-86 Four Eyed Fox' group. He parted out a couple of 79s, including a Capri. I'm also getting drip rail trim from him, and I think he also has the interior, red windshield and A pillar trim I need.