• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

5 lug conversion question

S. McCormick

I have an 85 Mustang LX convertible 6 cyl. I've read that Ranger front hubs will work on the front since its not a v8 car. Is this correct?

broncojunkie

I'm a little rusty on this one, so do your homework. I believe the 6 cyl cars had the same 4 cyl small front brakes. You may have to swap out for later v8 spindles first. Ranger rotors will work, I believe... along with a couple others, like svo and 93 cobra R.

S. McCormick

I read this in another forum. just wanting to verify before I start buying stuff.

-For the 79 v8, 82-86 Mustangs, and 87-93 4 cyls, you can use the 4cyl 83-88 Ranger rotors.

-For the front 87-93 v8 cars, use the rotors from a mid 80's Lincoln Continental, Lincoln Mark VIl (85-91), or '84-'86 SVO. For the 79-86 and 87-

93 4cyl cars, use the 83-92 4cyl Ranger front rotors. This will keep the cost down and allow you to keep the stock front brakes. You can buy the rotors for about $40-60 each. You an also purchase after market front rotors like the Power Slot brand in 5 lug. These cost about $99 each.