• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2.3 vs 2.5

Jet_Cruiser

So I have a fair understanding of the Lima 2.3's and the differences between the years and such. Distributor vs 8 plug, oval port vs "D" port, small crank journal vs large ect.
Has anyone here had experience building them in turbo or non turbo fashion?

Main reason I bring this up, I want to swap a 2.5 Ranger in my '93 but retain the stock intake and fuel system. Is the long block a direct swap or is it easier grabbing the crankshaft and keep the stock block?

2.3svx

I believe you can just swap it over... Not 100% sure... I wouldn't recommend doing it if your looking for more power as you could just rebuild your engine with forged pistons get a turbo and manifold 35lb injectors la3 ecu and a vam. Change 5 wires and run some intercooler and intake piping!! I actually supercharged my 88 with junkyard parts and I'm running 5 psi... Not the best idea because of limitations of supercharger but i like the supercharger wine lol