• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1993 Cobra power door locks

Cody93

Having trouble getting the power door locks to work. I replaced the switch on the driver and passenger side. The door lock actuator was frozen on the driver's side. I ended up replacing both the driver and passenger door lock actuators. the passenger side was missing the rubber, so it was only a matter of time for it to fail. When I connect a power probe to the door locks, I can get them to operate properly. I checked the fuse and it was good, but I replaced anyway. Any other ideas to try?
don't know if it is related, but the driver's power seat does not work either. Works fine using the power probe.

Last edited:

broncojunkie

Have you put a meter (or light tester) on the wires to see if you're getting power? I think the switches in the doors were bad about going out.

Cody93

I used a light tester, did not use a meter. It is getting power. I can do basic electrical testing, nothing hard core

Last edited: