• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Forsale 1990 GT Cobra clone, 331 stroker, PHB/TA, T5.

FoxBodyMustangs

Administrator
Staff member
Price is set at $12000 O.B.O. Will consider trades with cash either way if necessary. It has a clean title that I have in hand, and has never been in an accident.

It's time to sell the cleanest Foxbodies I have owned. I purchased the vehicle car from a Ford enthusiast, who had built it originally with the intent that it was going to get parted out and used for a Factory Five cobra replica. Luckily, he decided the mustang was just to nice to chop it up, which is how I got my hands on it. The car had about 100k miles on it before it was touched with any aftermarket parts, and it's had it's entire running gear replaced with all new stuff over the course of the past few years.

Front Brakes and Suspension - Red "COBRA" calipers with Russell Speed Bleeders, Baer drilled and slotted 13" Cobra Decelarotors, Russell stainless steel flexible brake lines, 94/95 spindles, 5 lug hubs. The original lower A arm has had the rubber bushings replaced with polyurethanes and new X2 Steeda balljoints. Struts are Bilstein HD units. CC plates are Steeda HD. Stock front sway bar. Stock K member. The stock prop valve has been gutted and an adjustable one installed in the rear lines. Springs are 01 Bullitt springs.

Rear Brakes and Suspension - red 'COBRA" calipers with Russell speed bleeders, Baer drilled and slotted 11.65" Decelerators, Russell stainless steel flexible brake lines. New Yukon 5 lug fox width rear axles. New trac lok rebuild with alternate stacking method. All new bearings for the rear end including axle bearings, pinion bearings and carrier bearings. New 3.73 ring and pinion gears. Bilstein HD shocks. Stock sway bar. Maximum Motorsports HD Panhard bar and Torque arm. Maximum Motorsports HD lower control arms. Maximum Motorsports HD subframe connectors. Springs are Maximum Motorsports TA springs.

Engine - 331 stroker - stock block bored 0.030 over. Forged Probe flat top pistons, Scat forged H beam connecting rods, Scat cast crank. Machining and short block assembly was done by AD Performance. All new bearings. All hardware is ARP stainless steel. Heads are Trickflow Twisted Wedge heads that have been ported by Mike Curcio (mcrp.us -Mike Curcio Race Products) and I have a sheet showing the before and after flow numbers. Camshaft is a Camshaft Innovations billet steel custom camshaft. I have the original camshaft sheet. Intake is a Holley Systemax. Throttle body is a 70mm Accufab with EGR spacer. MAF is a 75mm ProM. Cold air intake is a BBK fenderwell unit. Injectors are 30# units. Adjustable Kirban fuel pressure regulator. The car has Dyno Tuned by The Mustang Shop in Renton, WA at 360 rwhp and 370 rwtq.

Drivetrain - original T5 5 speed transmission - shifts flawlessly. Flywheel is a Fidanza aluminum unit with a Spec Stage 2 clutch. The transmission input bearing retainer shaft has been replaced with a stainless steel shaft. The shifter is a Pro 5.0 shifter with a Tri Ax shifter handle and a 03/04 Cobra Shifter knob.

Interior - Stock seats. Driver's seat does have a bit of gangsta lean. Everything works including the ashtray door.

Exterior - a Cervini's cobra body kit has been installed including the rear bumper, and the side skirts etc. The only part that is missing to complete a cobra replica is the rear spoiler. The hood has recently been replaced with a TruFibre Cobra R. The hood is white, with UPR Black Bullit Hoodpin kit correctly installed. There are some dings that you would expect on a car of this age, however the body is rust free. The rubber on the quarter glass is in great shape. The rest of the trim has been restored as well and looks great. The door handles have been replaced with aftermarket units. All of the lights have been replaced with the rear lights having Cobra lenses installed. The foglight rewiring mod has been done with a relay to take the load off the stock switch/wiring to allow the foglights to be switched on separately.

Other stuff - Wheels are 03/04 chrome cobra Rs 17 x 9 all around. They are in excellent condition with no curb rash. Tires are Falken Azenis RT 615 275's in the rear, and Toyo Proxies 255's up front. A Hurst line lock has been installed using a relay to allow the horn button to activate the line lock and a red LED is installed in the dash to let you know when the line lock is activated. It works great on hills as well! The line lock uses a switch to turn on in off from the center counsel, allowing regular use of the horn. The switch for the line lock also controls a Raptor Adjustable Mini Shift light, that is hidden in the center A/C vent, pointed at the driver. Cooling is by a Griffen aluminum radiator and a Taurus electric fan. The fan is controlled by a DCController. A LED has been installed in the dash to let you know what the controller/fan is doing (green = off, orange = part speed, red = full speed).

The car is set up to be a daily driver/track car. This car is wonderful as a daily driver, but is also well suited to autocross or road race where it can hold it's own against 911s, M3s, etc. The car looks great in the photos, but the paint is not perfect. It does have some minor dings that are to be expected in a car of this age.

I am in no rush to sell this car, I am just looking to put it in a new home. I am currently in Korea, and once I return to Washington, I will most likely be deploying right away. This is a fantastic car, and I'm sure many of y'all that have seen it can vouch for me. Price is 12000 O.B.O. Will consider trade offers as well.

DSC01054.jpg

DSC01071.jpg

DSC01093.jpg

DSC01123.jpg

DSC01173.jpg

Redcar.gif

Redfox10.jpg

Redfox9.jpg

Redfox8.jpg

Redfox7.jpg

DSC01073.jpg

Redfox6.jpg

On the way to the tuner with the new hood.

OfftoTuner.jpg

OfftoTuner2.jpg

Redfox2.jpg