• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1989 mustang lx coupe "smurf" aka daily driver

heres my daily driver, a 1989 mustang lx coupe in regatta blue with blue interior originally. but I converted it to black interior, still on the hunt for rear black coupe seats. its got over 200,000 miles and hes still running strong. it also started life with an AOD, but tossed it in favor of a T5 and im loving it!
IMAG0229-2-1-1.jpg

Love the Azevs I remember swapping em in my driveway on that rainy afternoon lol. And picking the car up at 1am in Buena Park from ''Kato's" house lol

oooh yeah, i totally remember that night picking him up! lol it was a late and long night, but with the excitement of picking up my first 5.0 notchback I wasnt even tired.

Nice looking LX. Did you have to change out the computer or wiring to swap from AOD to T-5?
I really like the wheels. Especially the width on the rear.

Nice looking LX. Did you have to change out the computer or wiring to swap from AOD to T-5?
I really like the wheels. Especially the width on the rear.

All I changed was the harness that goes from the t5 to the drivers side kick panel where the other end connects to. Plug & play. This harness runs under the carpet on the floor panel and thru the trans tunnel to the tranny.

Thanks, I love those wheels.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D.

Thanks guys, That helped me on the computer and ecm question. Thats great about the plug and play for the trans connectors too. Good to know.