• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1987 LX Paint

riebread

I recently reacquired a 1987 T-top Mustang lx that I owned in1993 while in college. I sold it in 1994. It needs some work to say the least. Anyway, I have included pics from when I bought it in 1993 as well as now. My question is about the two tone paint? Was this an option in 1987. It does not appear to have been done 2nd day at the black at the bottom of the front and read bumper covers is not painted. It seems to have been left black like the belt molding. I have not seen one like it so I was hoping some of you could help. I would like to repaint it as it would have been new.
Thanks

Attachments

• must1.jpg
    must1.jpg
    921.1 KB · Views: 4
  • must2.jpg
    must2.jpg
    900.4 KB · Views: 4

broncojunkie

Very cool lx! Welcome!

I'm pretty sure 2-tone wasn't an option for the LX models. The earlier cars were offered in this paint scheme with black on bottom. Perhaps a previous owner was a fan?

Here's a pic of my 82 Mercury capri...red/black 2-tone which is original, according to the buck tag.
Screenshot_20220417-143632_Gallery.jpg