• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1979 Cobra 302 auto

broncojunkie

Finally finished the engine bay paint. Not perfect by any means, but the areas that will be seen after the car is together are good. Really happy with the new paint guns, although I'm having trouble getting the pressure right. I'm switching to a standard compressor setup with hvlp and hte guns (was using a turbine setup). I'm using a gauge/regulator at the gun, but can't seem to get a good pattern or good atomization with the suggested pressure setting. I basically had to just tweak the compressor regulator and gun regulator until the pattern was good. The final pressure at the gun was a good 10-20 psi different than what was suggested in the tds and equipment booklets.

I also managed to paint the windshield channel and install the new windshield. I probably won't pick back up on this till I get back in town in August.
Screenshot_20210703-003717_Gallery.jpg