• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

wifes new 89 4 banger coupe

87_notchfox

just another notch among the rest lol...
so she is back at it again with another coupe. after she sold her other one it left a hole only another coupe could fill lol...so after some searching n praying lol...and a drive to LA she found her new 89 with LX 4 banger coupe auto. the car has a salvage title but its all there straight damn auctions lol...the car was not running the guy bought it as a project but changed his mind because of the blown head gasket. so after several hours of fu@#ing with the timing and distributor i got it to run and it runs pretty good. aside from the bad head gasket. it will stay a 4 banger until we get it smoged and cleared with dmv...then its 5 lug n v8 swap with a auto trans and maybe some MACH 1 rims...

87_notchfox

here is some pics
20140405_095537_zpsbaad4ea7.jpg

87_notchfox

so i thought it had a blown head gasket...which it wasn't it was a blocked water passage in the intake that made water go into the head and this is wat i found...

careyraley

Nice find. I'm doing new edge brakes up front and sn95 rears on fox length axles on my 4 banger.
The Mach 1 wheels aren't very popular on foxes but I have a set and think they look great.

87_notchfox

Just want a set of wheels that not every Fox has...mach 1's are those wheels. But I need a 8.8 with 3.73 to swap in. I am just going to swap my sn95 rear brakes to her car n get cobra's for the rear of mine

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

87_notchfox

Well I just about got everything to swap it over to a v8...minus the engine and rear end...

87_notchfox

A lot closer to having a complete swap...got a set of used cobra R's and a rear end with a 5 lug...just waiting on my parts guy to get his hands on 2 engines so I can get it all together

87_notchfox

well i am now counting down the days until i get back home from deployment...only to get home to a almost complete v8 swap for it...since it is for the wife its staying AOD since i got a good deal on a AOD from a 93 SSP that has a ford reman tag on the bellhousing, B&M ratchet shifter, a 8.8 with 3.73 gears that look like they need a bit of adjustment since they look like the pinion depth is a bit deep, all the wiring, cooling stuff, exhaust and i think is everything but the engine that i think my wife bought from our very good parts guy phil...but i will need a bit of help with the AOD and setting it up correctly and maybe upgrading it a bit before i put it in...hopeflly blown347 can point me in the right direction lol