• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What was your firsthand experience with a foxbody mustang?

FoxBodyMustangs

Administrator
Staff member
my first hand experience was in 1986 when my cousin came over and said look what my mom bought me.. And we went for a ride and wow.. I was completely hooked and never looked back.. I also drove it that day:) And said one day I will own one. I have owned every year since then.:)

1986-mustang-gt-lx2.jpg

1st time was a neighbor of mine had a '85 t top GT. It was regatta blue on 10 holes. Always liked that car. I was about 10-11 years old then. The 1st time I drove one was in 2004 and I was driving my buddies former UHP (Utah Highway Patrol) Hit the NOS in 3rd gear and was sold ever since. Took me 2 years from there before I bought my 1st which was an '04 Cobra vert. Shortly after then I joined a local Mustang club that had a bunch of fox guys. Bought my first fox in early 2007 and have not looked back since :)

Blown347

Staff member
My dad has had the same 89 GT bracket car since I was like 10 years old. I was hooked, and my first car was a POS 84 gt, but I loved it. After that I had a few different mustangs, and I bought the fox two years ago. I will never sell it lol

Ford1288

Bad Ass Moderator
I actually began life as a Chevy guy, then my mom met my stepdad who worked at a Ford dealership. Took me around in his lightly modded white LX and I was hooked.

He now has a 600+ hp procharged Cobra, one day ill own a faster car than him..... One day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember seeing an aero nose foxbody when I was in middle school and on my way walking home I heard that distinct exhaust note that only a foxbody makes. I turn around and see this black hatchback lx coming at a distance. I just stood there and watched it pass by, while I stood there with my jaw dropped. Three years ago I bought my first fox(89 black gt) and the sickness for foxbodys has only progressed...with 4 foxbodys at this moment. :cool:

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D.

foxinsd1

'89 Notch
my first experience happened when i sold my 02 gt,and was searching for another stang.. i saw a few on craigs ,but one caught my attention..found one for pretty cheap and figure i could transform it ..so i went to look at a 89 lx and took it home. It had a gt body kit but wanted the stock lx kit back on.. fastfox619 helped me with the parts and puttin em back on..as my fox was looking much different i started to love the car even more! .. for that said, that was my fisthand experience:cool:

My first encounter was to see the 79 pace cars at the dealer lots when they were new. It took the 1982 G.T. (the Boss is back commercial) with the t-top option driving in town in the ad for me to finally be able to go down and special order my new 82 gt with every possible option. $4,500 down deposit out of checking, next stop my local Ford dealer. I had to have it at any cost. It was costly too between the car payments and insurance. It wasn't a good time to finance the balance in the recession years but I never regretted it. It was a killer car, and very fast (at the time).

Beeker

I've owned numerous 1st generations but the first fox that really stirred the juices was when I saw an 84 SVO go ripping by. went to the dealer, test drove one and ordered one. I kept it right up until I found the 86 SVO. I have since swapped a 92 coupe and a Ranger with 88 turbocoupe running gear, both have been sold - I LOVE 4 BANGERS !

BANDITGT

back in 1991 my dad was looking for a nice used car. he was going to buy a 1988 toyota celica. he was going to pick it up. when i told him to lets go look at the new mustangs first. we stopped by lone star ford here in houston. he ended buying a 1991 4cyl LX. it wasnt the 5.0 but i still loved it. he crashed it a couple times then let it go after he and my step mom split up. i always said i would get one . i have a white with grey interior 93 GT. his fox was a white with grey LX.

7-Up

Bought my first Fox car, a red '79 Capri RS 5.0 automatic back in 1984 from a local cokehead for what I remember being $500. It was a base, no AC car with TRX wheels. Both doors had been "massaged" at the fender gaps with a hatchet for clearance after a slight nose collision (no pun intended). The 5.0 had a piston slap something severe, but did not blow up after repeated attempts to pop it.
Thought I did good when I almost tripled my money.
Really wish I had that one back.

88lx elmo

CARNAGE 88 LX
My best friends Cuz had a 86 GT took me for a ride and i was in love. He used to take us to the strip every now and then. I used to think that was the fastest car in the world.

I vaguely remember seeing the new Mustang's on the local Ford dealer's lot around 88-89. I really fell in love with them in 91 when those beautiful 5 star ponies were released. Then in Sept. of 92 I bought my first issue of Muscle Mustang's & Fast Ford's and that was all she wrote. In 93 my dad bought an 84 GT Conv. that I learned to drive stick in, i'm surprised it still had a clutch left when he sold it, lol.