• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What size tires should i buy?

Clark302

I have a 91 LX. I bought a set of chrome Cobra 5 star wheels. 17x10 rear and 17x9 front. I put in a rear end from a SN95 with stock axles and eibach drag springs. I also did the chromoly k frame and coil over conversion in the front using SN95 spindles. I'm not sure what the back spacing is for the wheels, but I bought them new from LMR.

I know the tire question has been asked over and over, But here I am. I plan on having a fender roller and rolling them myself.

I want to know if anyone else has the same type of setup? What tire size they used, or possibly some pictures before I go ordering tires.

Built 302, with on3 turbo kit.

347HO

You need to temp install the wheels and check clearances.
My same wheels fit, but the 315 x 17" tires hit the inner fender and frame and the fender lip.
The backspacing is crucial... You may need to return those for the correct spacing.

Clark302

How far is it possible to roll out the fenders without screwing them up? We're you able to keep your quad shocks by flipping them around? Or did you have to get rid of them all together?

347HO

I didn't want to fuck around with future fitments issues so I tubbed, went coil-over, tube back-halfed, and narrowed my frame, then narrowed the rear end 6". I also relocated the 4 link control bars because the stock locations and lengths sucked from the factory.

You can absolutely roll the fenders damn near flat. You lose a lot of strength doing so however.
Just rent a good fender roller and go to town. I suggest the type which attaches to the wheel hub. Its so easy.

Good luck