• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What is this supposed to connect to?

worthbrian724

I just got a 90 Gt Convertible and found a 2 wire connection not attached to anything. Wires are black and black/orange. They are bundled with wires from wiper motor. Under hood, near the 2 connectors for diagnostics. I cannot find where it should attach, any idea what they are for?

347HO

Its been 15 years, but I sort of remember an orange and ? Color wire was for fog lamps.
Suggest you ohm that wire to the fuse box to quickly find what its supposed to power.
Good luck

worthbrian724

Someone on another site suggested factory Underhood light. I do not have one since there was an aftermarket Cowl hood on the car when i got it. I looked up a replacement pigtail for it, they match. I appreciate the suggestion, when you first asked about Fog Lights I thought I was going to solve 2 issues in one. Thank you!