• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Voltage Meter Gauge not working in 89

Forrest

Howdy Friends,
First post. My son got an 2.3L N/A 1989 from his grandfather that has been sitting up for years and has a ton of dodgy wiring. I think just about every corner that could be cut on that car has been cut.
Anywho I got it running although it misses sometimes (needs new/cleaned injectors) and got it home.
There are many issues with the car but for now I am not getting a reading from the voltage gauge.
Does anyone have any idea where the gauge is wired into the engine bay? Color of the wires or where it may be disconnected under the dash?
I would imagine the wiring would be the same across most fox bodies so any tips would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Forrest

The answer is to disassemble the cluster. After getting part way though disassembly the gauge started working. I plan to pull it out and clean all the contacts when i swap out some of the bulbs for LED lights.
next thing is to find out what is causing the parasitic drain on the battery.