• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

TURN SIGNALS NOT WORKING!!

Pzimmy

I have tried what feels like everything…I have a 1988 Mustang GT 5.0, and cannot for the life of me figure out why I cant get these turn signals to work. Hazards work fine but either turn signal does not work whatsoever, neither signal comes on the dash just a blank nothingness. I’ve tried replacing the lamp relay I’ve tried replacing the ignition switch under the column, Ive tried messing with the Orange/yellow stripe wire behind the multifunction switch and behind the hazard switch because it was loose on both ends but pushed the wires in further to tighten them up on both ends and still nothing. I’m at a loss and don’t know what else to try.

ALMOST STOCK

Staff member
Turn Signal don’t work

1. Check fuse 5 (15A) (OK=next, NOK=replace fuse or tracing to power distribution point would be required if voltage is not present

2. Check 12v at turn signal flasher (Pink/Org wire) (OK=next, NOK=trace wire and fix open)

3. Do the same at for the Lt Blue wire @flasher (OK=next, NOK=replace flasher)

4. Check 12v in the Lt Blu wire @hazard switch connector (OK=next, NOK=trace wire and fix open)

5. Check 12v in the Org/Yel wire @hazard switch connector (OK=next, NOK=replace hazard switch)

6. Do the same check for the same wire @the switch connector (OK=next, NOK=trace wire and fix open)

7. Check 12v in the Lt Grn/Org wire @the m-f switch w/m-f switch left turn-signal position. (OK=trace wires going to the turn lamps/indicator, NOK=replace m-f switch)