• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Trans fluid t-5

Maxwell

I was in the process of changing my trans fluid in Jolene well when I got to the parts store they say to use ATF but that doesn't make any sense in a manual gearbox anybody have any other info on this?

Maxwell

Huh, good piece of information to know thank u It's definitely appreciated . And as far as additives go do u recommend putting any in with the ATF to thicken it up a little?

Blown347

Staff member
G force sells an additive that I put in my trans. It's good stuff. But the trans is made to run on just ATF.

Blown347

Staff member
G-force GF-2000 is the fluid. Their website says you can run just this in the tranny. The shop that built my trans said use 1 quart of it with whatever ATF you run. So that's what i do.

Maxwell

Thank u ill have to get some. Also the rear diff calls for 90 weight can I just put 75-90 limited slip in there? I don't see why not just figured I'd ask lol :p

I'd use Ford Racing, Summit, Jeg's and Late Model Restoration all sell it. And most likely the parts dept at your local Ford Dealer.

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk 2