• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Sun Visor Restoration

One Owner 1982

Has anyone out there updated a 79-84 Sun visors by adding the later model inside clips that hold the inside of the Sun visor rods? If so please respond with details on how that went for you.

broncojunkie

I haven't, but I considered it. I was able to get mine fixed so that they are working properly, for now, anyway. I replaced the arms or whatever they're called. It was a 5 minute fix. Before replacement, the visors would swing out toward your head when accelerating. Very annoying! After replacement, that issue was fixed, but the visors would drop down. Even more annoying! They wouldn't stay up at all. To fix this issue, I removed the original visors and put the edge in a vice (with a rag to help protect the fabric). I squeezed the leading edge until the rod was tough to insert. This seems to provide enough pressure so that the visors no longer drop down. I hope that makes sense. The visor has a metal tube rolled into into, I think. That's where the mounting rod is inserted. The new rod must just be slightly too small. At least, mine were.