• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Subframe connectors

87gtslowstang

Thinking about buying a set of sve sub frame connectors for my 87 gt.Has anybody purchased these and installed them,and do you think they are worth it or should i save my money and buy better ones?Any opinions and input would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.

FoxBodyMustangs

Administrator
Staff member
Thinking about buying a set of sve sub frame connectors for my 87 gt.Has anybody purchased these and installed them,and do you think they are worth it or should i save my money and buy better ones?Any opinions and input would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.
make sure you get them welded in and not bolted. Any subframe connector are decent will protect the frame of your car.

Blown347

Staff member
If I was you I'd spend a little more on some better ones. I can't speak to how well they work, but I've held a pair of these and they're actually pretty flimsy. I'm sure they would do the job but definitely not a quality part

Kang

I have sub frame connectors (welded in), I also have the two shock tower braces in, and a connector underneath the front end (forgot what it's called). It tightened up the whole car and made it quicker. Once you tighten up the frame you would be surprised how much power is lost in twisting the frame.

Blown347

Staff member
I have sub frame connectors (welded in), I also have the two shock tower braces in, and a connector underneath the front end (forgot what it's called). It tightened up the whole car and made it quicker. Once you tighten up the frame you would be surprised how much power is lost in twisting the frame.
*k member brace lol.
My dad drag raced his fox for years without bracing it up in any way. One day at the track we noticed the unibody was actually TEARING in the middle of the car starting at the pinch weld on the driver side from twisting the chassis. Then he finally got some subframes. They really are a necessity

lyonmt

I seen a 68 Camaro with a tear in the roof behind the A pillar from a mild big block. Cool to see, as long as you don't own the car, ha!

John2002

With the top of my car always down, turning into parking lots on an angle or going over train rtacks on angles the dash had very noticeable creeks and rattles in it from the flex between the ftont wheels . I had square tubed subframe connectors install last year and I put on the strut tower brace this winter. The car rides and handles like I have a solid roof over my head now with no rattles from the dach anymore. Now if the rain would ever go away I can take it out a few more times this month before it really gets hot out !!!!!