• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Rear control arms confusion.

HarveyLX

I have a 1990 LX convertible. I plan to install the Eiback Pro-Kit springs and dampers. Engine mods in the future would be under 400HP.
My question is on replacing the rear control arms. All my research has resulted in a head ache and no decision.haha
Should I keep stock (new) upper control arms? (I understand about the rubber bushings thinking )
Should I replace the lowers with adjustable arms to maintain proper rear end alignment after installing lower springs?
Is it a good idea to install torque box reinforcement brackets regardless?
Car is only street driven but I do like DRIVING windy roads.
Thanks!

347HO

I suggest replacing CA's with adjustable aftermarket just for the tuneability.

My torque box wasn't spot welded from the factory very well. In fact, 50% of the welds connected nothing. I suggest you insect yours, then decide if you're gonna need reinforcing.

Erkenbrand

I learned the hard way to at least replace the uppers control arms with adjustable. After many upgrades my pinion angle was off, and I had to adjust the rear angle. Which meant replacing the tubular uppers I had just installed with an adjustable set.