• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Newbie in Hendersonville, NC

Blotus

Just bought a 1993 GT ! I figure this forum is a good place to get answers when the inevitable questions pop up. New to mustangs. My car has a few issues. Wiring in engine compartment is abysmal with non standard wiring running about from here there and everywhere. Switch on dash for fuel pump and cooling fans, ugh! I will be going back to standard and cleaning up the mess. Car looks really good and has scoot. Previously I rebuilt a 289 for my friends fairlane so I am familiar with a similar engine. I always liked the foxbodies just finally got around to getting one.

broncojunkie

Welcome! Need to post some pics of that jewel! The wiring and vacuum lines always haunted me from these cars. Actually, it wasn't just the mustangs. All cars from this era were a mess. I just pulled the motor out of my old 79 cobra (302 v8) and the mess of vacuum lines were amazing. The wiring wasn't quite as bad, but still a mess! I just spent a couple hours yesterday cleaning up some wiring in my other 79 (pace car).

Edit: The 88gt in my profile was even worse, so I feel your pain!

Blotus

I found Rock Auto has a literature tab and found reprints of the factory wiring and vacuum routing. The factory wiring diagrams are very good. Relatively inexpensive (I think it was $22)