• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Newbie from NJ

broncojunkie

Welcome! I have the same model I'm working on now. Almost ready to start driving her. How long have you owned yours?

Kang

I am guessing around 22 years. I had to stop driving, modifying, etc it for awhile to start a family, solve some money problems, etc.... But I am back, just upgraded the stereo took out the Kenwood cassette deck, installed a Kenwood CD, I-pod, Bluetooth head unit, replaced the dry rotted speakers (rears). Right now I am driving, giving it some TLC, taking the kids for a ride.

lyonmt

Its so much fun to share with the kids. I cant wait to get mine on the road and do the same!

Kang

Polk Audio DB691 6-by-9-Inch 3-Way

What I did was go to few stereo shops listened to some speakers with the same model head unit I bought with a few of my CDs to see what sounded best. I liked the Polks. I suggest you do the same grab your I-Pod or CDs go to a store that sells a lot of differnet speakers and try a few. I told the sales guy I want to think about it and then bought the speakers on amazon much, much cheaper. Hope this helps.

broncojunkie

Polk Audio DB691 6-by-9-Inch 3-Way

What I did was go to few stereo shops listened to some speakers with the same model head unit I bought with a few of my CDs to see what sounded best. I liked the Polks. I suggest you do the same grab your I-Pod or CDs go to a store that sells a lot of differnet speakers and try a few. I told the sales guy I want to think about it and then bought the speakers on amazon much, much cheaper. Hope this helps.
Did they fit without modification? I've heard good things about Polk Audio.