• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New from Omaha Nebraska

BigDaddyPots

It’s a 1983 Glx, red with a white top. It’s got the 4 separate headlights. Currently has the 3.8l v6 but I would like to eventually swap it to a 302. It does not run currently as I need a new timing cover, as it had a major oil leak. Problem is I cannot find one anywhere, so until then it’s going to be sitting.

broncojunkie

An 83 would be really easy to swap over to a 302! It's carburetor, I believe? Or was 83 the CFI (basically a carburetor with injectors)? Either way, just about everything will bolt right in. Same k-member. You would need motor mounts. The c4 (actually c5 spec with lockup converter and some oiling mods) will bolt right up. I will admit, though, it's getting harder these days to find a good used engine that has all the accessories still in-tact with oem brackets set up the way you need it. This is especially true if you want to retain a/c. If you have to piece all that stuff together, you might be digging in the wallet pretty deep. However, I can't say for sure if any of your 3.8 brackets will work on the 302.