• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My fox is dead :'(

Blown347

Staff member
No that was one of two things, either the bolt broke on the ride (grade 8, so wtf??) or it wasn't torqued right. I know I torqued them, but maybe someone messed with it when they rebuilt the reared?? I'm sort of at a loss, but oh well. simple enough fix, I just have to order the bushings direct from granatelli to replace them.

AT6svo

Glad to see the car is back together. Most people, even "car"' people, would have walked away from that car only for it to be totalled, parted & crushed. Kudos on you for having it fixed.

Blown347

Staff member
You know, I won't lie, I'm guilty of buying parts from "part outs", but to be honest I love these cars for what they are. And it makes me angry to see people stripping them down to make some money and then scrapping the shell. There will never be another foxbody made, and I believe we should preserve the ones we have, vice contributing to making them fewer in number. ESPECIALLY when you consider yourself an enthusiast (Perfect example,On corral, go to misc mustang parts, there is a guy called racsirx, he has about 10 performance part outs going at any given time)

If mine was totaled, no amount of money would've taken it from me. I would've stuck it in my garage and fixed it over time.

AT6svo

I too am against parting cars for profit. There are plenty in the junkyards to be had. A rusted out car or one that has been in a severe accident are all fair game. Parting a car for the sole purpose of profit is not what the hobby is about for me and I do not support or buy parts from known butchers (as I call them).

I know about Racsirx, I gave him a ration of shit on Socalstangs when I used to frequent there. I left Socalstangs when a long time member parted one car that was a former racecar, then an nice SN95, then a 86GT with lots of nice parts. I refuse to support or befriend anyone who does that.

It is entirely different to take a highly modded car, return it to stock, sell the go fast parts, then sell the car too. People who partt cars for profit are not enthusiasts, they are opportunistic parasites.