• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

How did you find your Fox?

foxinsd1

'89 Notch
im very curious on how everybody found their fox..i wanna hear everybody's story behind your find... let me start with me ..like i mentioned in a previous post, it happened when i sold my 02 Gt.. i was searching on craigs and found one that caught my attention ,because it was cheap and knew i could change its look..so i bought it and took it home,, with the help of fastfox619 got the lx stock kit back on..got hooked with my fox ever since ..so thats how i found my fox:)
this is how it looked when i got it..
15x4hw1.jpg

2gxhfe9.jpg

332pesl.jpg

and how its looking so far
delie.jpg

sy2gzs.jpg

Calypso '91 coupe: Lived up the street from me. Bugged my neighbor for 3 years he finally broke down and sold it. It wasnt that ez tho I had sold my daily driver ('98 GT Vert) to buy the notch and he initially backed out. Well being without a car I hopped on CL and bought a white fox vert, the sister to my dad's blue fox vert. Well my neighbor decided he NOW wanted to sell. WTF right? So I told him I needed to sell my newest purchase. Turns out my dad liked it more and we were able to sell his blue vert and I got the coupe finally :)

'93 SSP: Belonged to a customer of mine. He was having a kid and had to sell. I couldn't come up with the cash but forwarded my buddies info and they struck a deal. My buddy had intentions of restoring and flipping the car but after a year lost interest. He made it able for me to make payments on it so I sold my '69 Ford station wagon and my MAC Tools toolbox to pay for it. Car came to me in pieces but since I was the one that was restoring it for him it was no big deal. There was over 1k in new parts and over 1k spent on finding all the OPAL grey interior (1 year only 1993)

'87 T-Top coupe: This was a $600 CL find originally when my friend bought it. It lived originally in Nuevo Ca which is maybe 5 miles from me. My friend was trying to call my phone which was off he was gonna flip it to me for some parts. I couldnt answer so he called another buddy and off the car went to him. Tried to purchase from him only to be on the way to his shop to leave a deposit and saw the car on a trailer belonging to Fox Fire 5.0 in Vista. WTF I lost it yet again....Well knowing Fox Fire would either keep it or rebuild it and flip it for $$$ I was for sure the car was never going to be in my possession. Unfortunately last year Fox Fire 5.0 shut it doors. I was able to strike a deal and purchase the car from them as they had mostly lost interest in building cars and didn't want the burden of hauling this one off.

'86 GT hatch: This is my most recent purchase (bought 3 weeks ago). Belonged to another member in my local car club. He had traded his '89 GT last year for this car and had been building it since. He is not a wrench nor mechanically inclined so with the help of his uncle on a few things and my best friend on most of it, they put the car together. A few months ago my buddy was wanting a new 2013 5.0. He was finally able to finance one and get out from under his Tacoma. Unfortunately he had to sell the fox to cover a small loan and also to have some MOD $$$ for the new toy. I was able to have him hold the car for me so I could clean up and sell my current '91 LX hatch DD.

Bluez88

I traded my old 99 P71 Crown Vic with 335k miles for my low mile(92k when i got her), 1 OWNER fox. Got her 100% stock, and have slowly been turning the wrenches. HAve been hooked ever since, with much help from Phil(Calypso Coupe). :)

7-Up

My 7-Up car was found on a scrungy small car lot in downtown Pittsburgh. Buddy of mine saw it when returning home one early morning from an all-nighter in 1999. He called me in a panic, said he found the exact car that I'd been looking for. He was right. The car had original paint, ratty stock interior and the original white top dyed black with a hole cut in it. All 3 lock cylinders had been forcibly removed with a screwdriver (yep :( ). The broken glass shards everywhere inside completed the story of how it got there. Autopsy evidence collected when removing the interior for the first time strongly suggested female ownership (lipstick), a large dog (big hair and gouged seat covers), and life originating in LA from parking tickets and business cards :) .

It had 112K, and even had the original spark plug wires. PCV breather had never been cleaned. Stock exhaust had eroded through on the outside radius' of both tailpipe bends, but the mufflers were still good. The only non-stock item that I found (aside from some hideous American Racing wheels) was a tiny 10" torque converter, after it lunched the front pump bushing in a big way a few thousand miles after purchase. Always wondered why someone put that in there.

It's real tough to find such rust free stuff in this neck of the woods, and I'm glad to have it.

I got my 91 GT from my dad who was the original owner. He blew the engine and tranny after only 260,000 miles lol all highway. I still remember the day he bought it so fresh and clean all the moldings intact awesome:) He finally decided to give it to me a few months ago. After siting for 3 years, believe me I bugged him non stop until I got it.

I got my 91 GT from my dad who was the original owner. He blew the engine and tranny after only 260,000 miles lol all highway. I still remember the day he bought it so fresh and clean all the moldings intact awesome:) He finally decided to give it to me a few months ago. After siting for 3 years, believe me I bugged him non stop until I got it.

Patience really paid off huh?? Glad you got it in the end.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D.

88lx elmo

CARNAGE 88 LX
found my 88 on CL.....burned paint, cut springs, leaking fuel, bad second gear and100% stock . I know that is the car i wanted to make in2 my project car with help from friends and club members she is a different beast.

562259_10150892226127182_1053967531_n.jpg562259_10150892226127182_1053967531_n.jpg

BANDITGT

i was looking for another fox. it was between a maroon 88 LX. and my car. my buddy was pushing me to buy my car. i went to go see it. i let the guy a deposit. then came back the next day to pick it up. here are the pics the guy posted on the ad for it
93gt.jpg

93gt1.jpg

93gt3.jpg

i was looking for another fox. it was between a maroon 88 LX. and my car. my buddy was pushing me to buy my car. i went to go see it. i let the guy a deposit. then came back the next day to pick it up. here are the pics the guy posted on the ad for it
93gt.jpg

93gt1.jpg

93gt3.jpg

Your gt was clean from day one, wow!
I wish I would have saved the ad pics too.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D.

BOOSTED88

Found mine on CL, was just looking without the intent to buy the previous owner had a job offer out of state and was selling his house, motorcycles and this car... the price was to good to pass up so i didn't.

2012-08-18_11-30-48_472.jpg

88lx elmo

CARNAGE 88 LX
Found mine on CL, was just looking without the intent to buy the previous owner had a job offer out of state and was selling his house, motorcycles and this car... the price was to good to pass up so i didn't.

2012-08-18_11-30-48_472.jpg
JEEEEEEEZ!!!!!! bra that is one beautiful car looks like it could be my 88lx's brother...

88lx elmo

CARNAGE 88 LX
HA HA,mine is a 88 also, yeah just ones a hatch the other a coupe... what size cowl on your's?? is the color medium cabernet?
not 100% sure got it used I think its 3.5 or 4.....its Cabernet color cod H2. going to repaint and keep the same color I like it a lot. Is your car Carb?

BOOSTED88

Cool same color, mine is injected and supercharged... edelbrock upper/lower, edelbrock RPM heads, B cam, Eagle rotating assy, MSD ignition...
LITETHENIGHT2012005.jpg