• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Hello

Mavros

I just bought an 88 5.0 5 speed last week. It is my second Mustang, I had an 02 a few years ago.
It came with a computer and wiring harness for the MAF conversion along with 24lb injectors. I have to get a chip for the computer to run the new injectors because the MAF is calibrated to the 24s as well. Just wondering if there is anything else I need to do to complete this conversion? Also can you guys recommed and company to get my chip from?
I got some big plans for this fox but first i want to get this conversion done while I build a stronger block.
Thanks

Blown347

Staff member
Welcome. I will always advocate for an actual tune on a dyno. Mail order tunes work okay for mild applications but they're usually not optimum. Are there any good shops near you that could tune it?

anthonydalrymple

Welcome! I'm with Blown347's advice. Find a reputable dyno facility & have them burn a chip for you. Pricey at first, but reflashes for changes are very reasonable...